October 26, 2009. The results of the decade-long Interphone study on cell phone safety are that heavy cell phone use increases the risk of developing brain tumors later in life.
The study, which focused on three types of brain cancer and tumors of the parotid gland, found a significant increase in cancer after a decade or more of cell phone use.
When a cell phone tower connects with a cell phone, electromagnetic radiation is created. When the cell phone is held against the ear, this radiation penetrates the brain.
* Rats Dive into Cell Phone Debate
Kristen Philipkoski 11.03.99
* Phone mast health worries: transcript
Tuesday, 8 February, 2000, 22:27 GMT
* Professor at UW studies effects of cell phones Lai's research is known outside the U.S.
Tuesday, January 2, 2001
* UW Study: Magnetic Fields Might Damage Brain Cell DNA Feb 19, 2004 at 2:23 PM PST
Story Updated: Jul 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM PST
* Study finds link between cell phone use, rare type of brain tumor.
South Florida Sun-Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, FL) October 13, 2004
* You Don't Deserve Brain Cancer - You Deserve The Facts By Amy Worthington