piecing together bits of truth about gov't and corporate influence

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Zinn: 9/11 Truth Is For "Fanatics", Has "No Practical Political Significance"

Howard Zinn my inspiration.
His biggest compromise.
We all have our reasons.
Ming
_________________



New comments cause more outrage after leftist historian said he didn't care about what really happened on 9/11
Steve Watson

Friday, Nov 21, 2008
Just days after left-wing anti-war icon Howard Zinn told an audience that he didn’t care if 9/11 was an inside job, he has repeated the sentiment, stating that questions regarding the attacks have "no practical political significance" and that 9/11 truth activists are "fanatics" who are wasting their time.
During a lecture at UQAM university in Montréal, Zinn was once again asked if he would support a new 9/11 investigation.
Zinn responded:
"I have said that what happened on 9/11 deserves to be investigated more than it has been because I don't accept and believe official investigations and official reports.
But having said that, and I want to say that this has really annoyed a lot of people, but why not, and I will annoy more people by saying that I think there are many people who have become fanatics about 9/11. By fanatics I mean, they think we should drop everything and just concentrate our energies on finding out what happened on 9/11.
I don't think the question of what really happened on 9/11 is the most important question we can ask."
Zinn then took a direct swipe at the 9/11 truth movement by stating:
"To tell a movement of citizens in the United States that this is something that we really have to make an issue of, I don't believe it because we don't need what happened on 9/11, we don't need that to tell us about the crimes of the Bush administration.
I believe there are certain things that happen in history and certainly questions that are asked that divert us from the important things that we have to do at hand.
The truth is I don't think anyone will ever really know what happened on 9/11 just as I don't think anyone will really know who killed John F. Kennedy, and there are a lot of people who wasted a huge amount of time working on something that did not have any practical political significance."
Zinn then asserted that his previous comments at a lecture in Colorado has been distorted and that he never said he did not care about 9/11 or the fact that it was in the past.
Zinn's exact words that day were "I don't know enough about it (the 9/11 conspiracy) and the truth is I don't much care, that's past."

read more

No comments: